Do you believe in fate?

This isn’t a love story AT ALL, in fact it is the complete opposite.  I’d call it the embodiment of the saying “everything comes out in the wash”.  In this story I’m a mere bystander and my beautiful and witty best friend, Bridgette, is the main character. 

Bridgette and I were speaking on the phone about an online date she scheduled with a person who told her he was on his way to pick her up and never showed.  Instead of saying he wouldn’t make it, he let her get ready from head to toe and then blocked her on multiple platforms after she asked for an eta.  Cowardly?  Rude?  Mean?  Either way, mark this as the first time I’ve written this on MTWP, but not the last, THE AUDACITY

Fired up for my girl, I did what any bestie would do, I went on a popular group chat to find if anyone knew this person.  Instead of finding answers about this skin tag of a human, the real story began.  Front and center of the group chat was a picture of Bridgette’s ex-boyfriend!  How could this possibly get worse for her?!  Initially I saw a picture without comments but by the next day almost 70 comments were added.  The person who owned the post, appeared to be bitter for... being rejected?  It's still unclear.  She admitted to going on just two dates.  I was skeptical to say the least as to why she'd be so upset to post.  In this day and age, can't you just move on?  No one is for everyone and why would you want to be?  I can't count how many instances have happened where I felt slighted by someone but just hit ole faithful, the block button.

The publisher of the post kept asking to speak to this man's ex and I wondered how I would feel being in this situation.  Would I want to know?  Would it set me back from moving on?  I think it is situational.  I do know that if a friend were to hold something from me, even something hard to hear, I’d feel betrayed.  After some deliberation, I settled on telling Bridgette only surface level details and leaving it up to her if she wanted to hear more.  She seemingly took it like a boss and said OK and wanted to connect with the unstable publisher… (cue the dramatic music).

The tea was spilt!  This man had confessed to cheating on Bridgette, blamed a STD scare on her, and worse than everything else, slammed her parenting.  Bridgette gathered the publisher and two other side pieces from the comments and called a meeting.  Although I felt the meeting was going down a rabbit hole of toxicity, the group didn't last long.  One of the side pieces had her head on straight and from that day forward, a new friend group was formed, Bless this Mess.  Fateful friends united in a man's short comings, I'd call it a win.


@mytraumawearsprada Do you believe in fate? First post up on My Trauma Wears Prada, link in bio! #datingstorytime #dating #datingnightmares #CapCut ♬ Unholy - Sam Smith & Kim Petras

Comments

Popular Posts